Klappentext: „Props are guides to self-learning“ B.K.S Iyengar
This guide presents standard and innovative usage of props, many of which are documented here for the first time.
Following the success of A chair for yoga Eyal now expends his work to cover the „classic“ Iyengar Yoga props, such as blanket, blocks, belts, walls, bolsters and ropes. It is a practical guide, containing ample photos to accompany the step-by-step instructions. In addition, this guide is enriched by:
- A short introduction to each family of asanas, accomapnied with excerpts from B.K.S. Iyengar and other important teachers as well as with Eyal’s own personal perspectives
- Comments on the physiological effects of the presented variations
- Tips for improving the practice
Eyal Shifroni is a Senior Iyengar teacher. He has been studying and practicing yoga since 1978 and teaching yoga since 1985. Eyal directs the “ Iyengar Yoga Center of Zichron-Ya ákov“ in Israel and conducts yoga workshops in Israel and around the world.
Visit: http://theiyengaryoga.com/ for more information about Eyal and the center in Zichron-Ya´akov.
Aus dem Inhalt:
- Acknowledgements and Gratitude
- About the use of props
- About this guide
- The structure of the guide
- How to use this guide
- Chapter 1: Understanding the Standing Asanas – Utthitha Sthiti
- About standing poses
- Urdhva Hastasana
- Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Utthita Trikonasana
- Virabhadrasana II
- Virabhadrasana I
- Virabhadrasana III
- Prasarita Padottanasana
- Appendix 1: A practice sequence