Untertitel: A complete guide to Iyengar Yoga practice with a chair
Klappentext: … Containing over 350 photos of 150 different exercises, it will show you how to enhance the practice of 72 important yoga postures using a chair.
Using the chair support, beginners can get closer to the wholesome experience of the pode; advanced practitioners can explore deeper aspects of the pose; and teachers can find ideas for enriching their instruction….
In this second edition, we extended the guide with additional variations, and topped it with n appendix containing a gentle practice sequence which can be practiced at all times and almost anywhere!…
Eyal Shifroni is a Senior Iyengar teacher. He has been studying and practicing yoga since 1978 and teaching yoga since 1985. Eyal directs the “ Iyengar Yoga Center of Zichron-Ya ákov“ in Israel and conducts yoga workshops in Israel and around the world. Visit: http://theiyengaryoga.com/ for more information about Eyal and the center in Zichron-Ya´akov.
Aus dem Inhalt:
- Acknowledgements and Gratitude
- Chapter 1: Standing Asanas – Utthitha Sthiti
- Chapter 2: Sitting Asanas – Upavistha Sthiti
- Chapter 3: Forward Extensions – Paschima Pratana Sthiti
- Chapter 4: Twists – Parivritta Sthiti
- Chapter 5: Inversions – Viparita Sthiti
- Chapter 6: Backward Extensions – Purva Pratana Sthiti
- Chapter 7: Abdominal Asanas – Udara Akunchana Sthiti
- Chapter 8: Restorative – Visranta Karaka Sthiti
- Chapter 9: Final Words
- Appendix: A chair for all – a gentle practice sequence