Klappentext: Let internationally renowned Rehabilitation specialist Loren Fishman, MD, be your personal instructor for a healthier back! Newly updated and with down-to-earth techniques and instructions for all Levels, Yoga for back pain helps you:
- distinguish between the seven major causes of backache;
- target your source of pain through diagnosis-specific yoga poses;
- manage, reduce, and ultimately end your pain.
Depending on the seberity and chronicity of your pain, the postures in this guide, described in detail and illustrated by photographs, will help you determine how to start your own yoga practice or alter your existing practice in order to achieve lasting comfort and strength.
Aus dem Inhalt:
- Part 1 – Yoga and back pain
- Chapter 1 – What is yoga and why yoga for back pain?
- Chapter 2 – Styles of yoga
- Chapter 3 – Doin Yoga
- Chapter 4 – Pain
- Chapter 5 – Major causes of low back pain
- Part 2 – Poses by diagnosis
- Chapter 6 – Musculosketal pain
- Chapter 7 – Herniated Nucleus Pulposis (herniated disc, pinched nerve root)
- Chapter 8 – Arthritis
- Chapter 9 – Sacroiliac joint derangement
- Chapter 10 – Pregnancy
- Chapter 11 – Spinal Stenosis
- Chapter 12 – Piriformis syndrome
- Chapter 13 – Weight control
- Chapter 14 – After back surgery
- Suggested reading
Weitere Titel von Loren M. Fishman: