Untertitel: A guide for practitioners and teachers
Klappentext: Functional Anatomy of Yoga is a rare gem. This book enables both the casual reader and the seasoned practitioner to understand and implement the anatomical structure and function of the body in yoga. Written with a conversational tone, the book delivers the complex subject of human anatomy in a way that is both provocative and clear.
The underlying theme of the book is integration. David Keil outlines how yoga teachers and practitioners can utilize a deeper understanding of their anatomy as they approach the larger scheme of yoga. How do the supposed „parts and pieces“ of the body synchronize to support integrated movement? Finally, how do the various yoga postures interrelate from the perspective of functional yoga?
Not only is David Keil an authority on the subject of anatomy, but he also has the wisdom and first-hand experience of a skilled yoga teacher and practitioner. He has been presenting the subject of anatomy in a way that is interesting, meaningful, and applicable to teachers and students alike since 2000. Beautifully illustrated throughout with color images and photographs to cleary explain the concepts and asanas, Funtional Anatomy of Yoga will assist you in reaching new heights in your yoga practice using the „laboratory“ of the body and the tools of yoga asana.
David brought his unique style and ability to make anatomical concepts simple, to the yoga world in 2008, with the creation of the YogAnatomy DVD series.
Aus dem Inhalt:
- Part I: Functional anatomy
- Chapter 1: The basics of functional anatomy
- Chapter 2: The foot and ankle
- Chapter 3: The knee
- Chapter 4: The hip Joint
- Chapter 5: The pelvis
- Chapter 6: The spine
- Chapter 7: Comparing the upper and lower extremities
- Chapter 8: Hand, wrist, and elbow
- Part II: Anatomical patterns in asana
- Chapter 9: Anatomical patterns in forward bends
- Chapter 10: Anatomical patterns in external hip rotation
- Chapter 11: Anatomical patterns in twists
- Capter 12: Anatomical patterns in arm balances
- Chapter 13: Anatomical patterns in backbends
- Terms to describe position and direction
Leseempfehlung: für Yogalehrer und Übende