Klappentext: Written by physiotherapists and yoga teachers Simon Borg-Olivier and Bianca Machliss, Applied Anatomy & Physiology of yoga includes previously unpublished research into the science of hatha and yoga therapy.
The effects of yoga on each part of the body are explained with thorough analysis and explanations of asanas, vinyasas, bandhas, mudras and kriyas.
Using basic principles of biomechanics and neurophysiology this book explains how to improve strength, flexibility and fitness while maintaining joint stability and minimising the risk of injury.
This comprehensive text includes hundreds of photographs, diagrams, and tables and is a practical, useful and informative guide for teachers and students of all styles of hatha yoga. This book is the recommended text for RMIT University online course, Applied Anatomy & Physiology of yoga within the Master of wellness program.
Aus dem Inhalt:
- Chapter 1 – Introduction to the applied anatomy & physiology of hatha-yoga
- Chapter 2 – The ’shoulder joint complex‘ & amsa bandha
- Chapter 3 – The ‚elbow joint complex‘ & and ‚wrist joint complex‘: kurpara bandha & mani bandha
- Chapter 4 – The ‚hip joint complex‘ & kati bandha
- Chapter 5 – The knee joint complex‘ & janu bandha
- Chapter 6 – The ‚ankle joint complex‘ & kulpha bandha
- Chapter 7 – ‚Spinal joint complexes‘ jalandhara, uddiyana, & mula bandhas
- Chapter 8 – The cardiopulmonary system, pranayama & bandha hatha yoga
- Chapter 9 – The nervous system, mudras, nadi hatha yoga
- Chapter 10 – The digestive system, the immune system & yogic nutrition
- Chapter 11 – The endocrine, urinary & reproductive systems
- Chapter 12 – Excercise physiology & yogic physiology
- Appendix A – Stretching & activating muscle groups in hatha yoga postures
- Appendix B – Observation of the body in yoga postures
- Appendix C – Generating bandhas: ways to co-activate opposing muscles around the nine major joint complexes using various yoga postures
- Appendix D – Anatomical description of the bones & joint positions in parsva virabhadrasana
- Appendix E – Glossary of technical terms commanly used in these notes
- Appendix F – Glossary of sanskrit terms used in these notes
- Appendix G – Tensioning (stretching) and stimulation of acupuncture meridian stretches in various postures
- Reference list & bibliography
- About Yoga Synergy
- Summary of ‚applied anatomy & physiology of yoga‘
- Puplished articles on the applied anatomy and physiology of yoga
- Traditional hatha yoga with an understanding from exercise based physiotherapy
- Dynamic relaxation and rejuvenation
- The relation between breath-control and corse stabilisation in yoga and exercise
Leseempfehlung: für Yogalehrer mit guten Grundkenntnissen in Anatomie